“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”
I’ve been missing in action while life happened…
- We had a fender bender!
- The coffee pot died!
- The mixer quit working in the middle of holiday baking!
- The keyboard breathed its last breath in the middle of writing a blog post!
- A routine doctor visit became a life-threatening event!
- A much anticipated trip to Branson had to be canceled!
- Surgery was scheduled!
- There were long days and nights in waiting rooms and hospital rooms!
- The road to recovery was challenging!
- There was family drama!
- The holidays came and went in a blur!
While some of the things noted were trivial in the big scheme of things others struck fear in our hearts. What followed was a pity party accompanied by many tears…
Then one morning as I was having my quiet time, I came across this quote, “God never wastes a hurt.” God kept bringing the quote back to my mind that day until I was finally able to say, “Okay, Lord you have my attention. I don’t want these experiences to be wasted. Help me to learn from them”.
While I still have much to learn, the following reflections are some of the things God has taught me (or taught me again) through these recent experiences.
- When I am at the end of my strength I can run to Him and He will infuse me with His strength to meet the challenge in front of me.
- Circumstances cannot steal my joy in Jesus Christ…unless I allow it.
- We learn what is of real value when we are faced with the possibility of losing it.
- The encouragement, presence, and provision of a church family are a demonstration of God’s grace. He knew there would be times when we would need Him with “skin” on…a hug, a card, a visit, or a delicious meal. So, He designed the church family to meet those needs.
As the New Year begins we are hopeful for better days ahead. But regardless of what the year holds we know that God is faithful to walk with us through whatever He allows in our paths!
By the way my new keyboard is performing quiet well, don’t you think?
Truth to Claim: Regardless of what the New Year holds…God is enough.
Practical Application: Determine to be Jesus with “skin” on when you encounter others who are going through difficult times.
Solo Deo Gloria